How to Fix a Vacuum Cleaner with Your Own Hands: the Most Common Damage and Repair
The life of the vacuum cleaner is on average 5-10 years, and the warranty repair provided by the manufacturer or distributor is 1-2 years. During this time, the technique rarely fails, except for factory marriage, cheap and low-quality products.
Therefore, if the unit breaks down after the warranty period expires, it is necessary to apply to expensive service centers. Agree, it would be nice to learn how to fix a vacuum cleaner with your own hands? This skill will help when there is no time to wait for the master, and also will save the family budget. Doubt your own strength? We will help you to cope with the problems. In the article, we show you 3 common problems and fixes. Note that these methods apply to the most of vacuum cleaners, like robot vacuum cleaner for carpet, robot vacuum for pet hair, etc.
Break # 1 – The Device Doesn’t Absorb Garbage
If such a fault is detected, the device emits a characteristic sound in the form of a hum. This indicates that the engine is running, but does not absorb dust masses. To do this, follow a series of actions:
- Check if the bag or container is full of garbage.
- Separate all parts from the hose, brush and tube. They may contain debris that interferes with the free flow of air. If found, clean the accessories under running water or with a long needle.
- If the cause is not in the hose, then a blockage has formed inside the device. Check all filters. If possible, read the instructions and rinse the fine filter and dry it. After that, install the part in the case of the vacuum cleaner and make sure that it works.
- Inspect the garbage bin thoroughly. Cloth bags must be washed or cleaned to remove small dust deposits that block cells and prevent free air flow.
In another case, when the air passes well through the tube and brush, but the debris remains on the floor, you should check the height of the brush roller.
If it is not possible to achieve perfect absorption of garbage particles, then it will be necessary to replace the nozzle.
Break # 2 – The Vacuum Cleaner Emits a Smell of Burning
If the smell of burning rubber appears during or after cleaning and the engine stops working, then the reason lies in the winding. To do this, you will need to completely disassemble the motor, repair or replace a burnt anchor or stator with a new element.
Instructions for the analysis of the engine:
- Remove the bolts from the body of the product.
- Reject the housing cover, move the coil away, remove the wires and remove the motor.
- Remove the side bolts and remove the sealing gum.
- Separate the case into two parts with a screwdriver.
- Remove the motor from the protective housing.
- Bend the rollers and disconnect the part, freeing the turbine.
- Unscrew the bolt with the end head, tightly fixing the stator and the rest of the structure.
- Unscrew all connecting elements and remove the brushes.
- Knock the anchor using the key and hammer.
- Check the bearings for proper service and oil them if necessary.
After disassembly, replace the failed components and reassemble the parts in the reverse order.
Break # 3 – The Technique Doesn’t Turn On
Have you noticed that when you repeatedly try to turn on the device there are no signs of its performance? Then, you should check the voltage of the socket connected to the device, as well as the integrity of the power cord.
Normally, the wire is broken where it is connected to the plug, so there is no contact. If you find this problem, then you will need to completely replace the cord with a new one.
For repair you will need:
- Remove the back cover of the device.
- Remove the diaphragm fastening screws.
- Carefully remove it without touching the wires.
- Set aside the pad with gasket.
- Get the spring and check its serviceability.
- Replace wiring and damaged components as necessary.
After repair, assemble the unit in the reverse order according to the instructions.
In addition, the cause of the fault may be switch fault, internal wiring. Another possible cause is the automatic protection response from equipment overheating. This technology prevents engine damage due to increased load during equipment operation.
Read Full Article Here – How to Fix a Vacuum Cleaner with Your Own Hands: the Most Common Damage and Repair